Who We Are
Cushion Star Maritime Services Ltd charged with a passion, desire and commitment to serve all boat marine interest no matter the size of your fleet.
Armed with the experience, expertise, professionalism, and the right tools, Cushion Star Maritime Services Ltd is set on ensuring that your vessel is fit for the sea.
We provide a host of Maritime services to fulfill your needs. Our staff are knowledgable and eager to navigate each process for you. Contact us today to get started.
What We Do
- The Shipping Act 1998 stipulates that all vessels operating in and around Jamaica waters must be registered and licence.
- To be in compliance with the maritime laws of Jamaica your vessel must be registered be it a Jet Ski, Canoe, Yacht etc.
- Vessels registered for private operations must not engaged in trade, commercial activities or for profit / gain. Private registration is for personal pleasure only.
- Vessels registered for commercial operations are used for hire, charter, to gain revenue or to make a profit.
- Yes you can! Once the vessel is registered, there is no restrictions to local or international voyages.
- The Certificate of Registry is valid for six (6) years.
- For Commercial Registration an inspection is required every year.
- For Private Registration an inspection is required every two (2) years.
- Yes, all vessels are required to be registered
- No, your boat can be anywhere in the world and still be registered under the Jamaican flag
- If you are a non-Jamaican or do not have a company registered in Jamaica, you require the services of an authorized representative/agent to facilitate the registration of your vessel
- Having insurance is always a precautionary measure in protecting your investment against any perils. However, the vessel can be registered without having an insurance as it not required.